The Hamas-run health ministry says at least forty-five people have been killed in what it said was an Israeli air strike at the Al-Maghazi refugee camp.
Meanwhile, the head of Gaza’s Al-Aqsa hospital said 52 people were killed in the blast on Saturday night, slightly more than the number given by the health ministry.
It was gathered that photojournalist Muhammad Al-Alul, who had been working elsewhere when the blast happened lost his wife and four of his five children.
Reacting to the blast, Israel’s military said it is looking into whether it was operating in the area at the time.
“It did not occur to me that my children might be buried under the rubble,” he told the BBC.