Truth is bitter, but we must say it, even if some people are not ready to listen. They may not want to listen either because they were part of the past or a coded present (they are neither here nor there).
When those of us who have had the privileges of getting some facts woven together to make reasonable senses in the management of Kwara state resources, especially pre-2019 speak, we speak from an informed and unbiased position.
I am saying it for the umpteenth time that *there was billions in my state of Harmony: Kwara State.* If you doubt this position, please, follow me to dissect this analysis.
I. Kwara Mall
II. Cargo Terminal
iii. Aviation College
iv. Vocational Centre in Ajase IPO
v. Harmony Advanced Diagnostic
vii. Post Office Flyover
viii. Diamond Flyover
vii. Initiate Shonga farm settlement etc
Abandoned or Ignored:
I. College of Education, Ilorin
II. College of Education, Oro
iii. College of Education, Lafiagi
iv. Kwara State Polytechnic
v. School of Nursing Ilorin
vi. College of Health Technology, Offa
vii. College of Nursing, Oke Ode
viii. Our Secondary Schools and Technical Colleges.
Unequivocally, our billions were behind all those *white elephant projects* nitiated by the duo of Bukola and Ahmed.
1. So many unexplained loans from Banks that the state is still servicing till date (a reasonable percentage of which cannot be traced), Skye Bank, Guarantee Trust Bank, Defunct Intercontinental Bank, Fidelity Bank etc
2. Nebulous, fraudulent, misnomer Memorandum of Understanding signed on behalf of Kwara State to make whatever accrued from the investments a paddy, paddy deal. *The case of the more you invest, the less you reap for Kwara State* i.e Harmony holdings, Kwara Express, Tourist Kitchen, etc
3. Entering into agreements that are outrageous and of no benefit to the state. All in a bid to ensure *any resources cornered through those agreements finds its ways to their individual accounts* i.e Kwara Mall Development Company
4. Investing in infrastructure that more buoyant states like Lagos, Kano and Rivers are running away from to create *a drain pipe* through which Kwara State resources move into privately designated accounts i.e Aviation College.
5. Providing infrastructure in an area where the *existing structure has negated such provision* ie Diamond Underpass.
6. Issuing of an Irrevocable Standing Order for loans on behalf of Kwara State in an investment that the *state controls less than 40%* i.e Shonga Farm etc.
*All these investments and commitments mentioned above are the means through which those billions that were in Kwara State before the coming of Bukola and Ahmed are siphoned in the name of investment in which the state has less than 40%*
*The late Gov. Mohammed Alabi Lawal (Omo Laderin) of blessed memory confessed to Kwarans that indeed there was money in Kwara and his development plans especially in the area of infrastructure attest to it*
*That this present government ably led by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq is keeping mute on their transgressions is not for lack of evidences, but because he does not want to lose focus, and also to also avoid the cost of lengthy litigation in a judicial system that is far below Nigerians’ expectation*
*Indeed, there were billions!*
*Surely, there were billions!!*
*Yes, there was billions !!!*
*AbdulMaliq Mopelola Bashir*
She can be reached via *mopelolamaliq @gmail.com*