The Nigerian military on Wednesday said terrorist sect, Boko Haram had been confined to Sambisa forest, ThisDay reports.
The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole and head of the counter-insurgency operation in the North-east, Major General Lucky Irabor said this during a press conference in Maiduguri.
Irabor said, “We have captured the Boko Haram last known strongholds of Abadam and Mallam Fatori, and we are now consolidating our holds.”
He said the troops are not resting on their oars as they are battle ready to wrestle Sambisa forest from the insurgents.
He stated further that the military had received delivery of equipment to stop the usage of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) by the insurgents.