Six persons died in the Saturday night attack in Mangu. Four died early yesterday in the Barkin Ladi incident. The attacks followed those of June 23 when scores died.
Confirming the continuous killings despite the curfew and heavy military presence, the media officer of the task force, Major Adam Umar, said the OPSH notes with dismay the continued attitude of some criminals in the state that are bent on making the state ungovernable through some unwarranted attacks on some communities and innocent villagers despite the tireless efforts of the task force.
He also said that early in the morning on Sunday 1st of July, they received a distress call from a resident of Mararaban Kantoma of Barkin Ladi Local Government that they were under attack by some armed bandits and on receiving the distress call, our men mobilised to the scene immediately to repel the attackers. The assailants who were given hot chase by our men escaped with various degrees of injuries while four of them were arrested.
Sadly, before they could get to the scene of the attack, four persons had already been killed by the attackers. The commander of the task force, Major General Anthony Atolagbe, has relocated the headquarters of the task force from Jos to Barkin Ladi to ensure that the renewed attacks are promptly brought to an end.