The Kwara state Government has inaugurated the Councils and Boards of Agencies and Parastatals in the State with a call on members to justify the confidence reposed in them by the State Government.
Speaking at the occasion of the inauguration on behalf of Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, the Secretary to the Government of Kwara State, Professor Mamman Saba Jibril, at the Governor’s Office conference room, Ilorin, congratulated all the appointed Council and Board members for being worthy to be appointed.
While noting that their appointments are based on public trust, Professor Jibril charged them to bring forth intelligence, cool humility, accumulated wealth of experiences as well as their administrative proficiency in their various fields.
He also added that the appointment is a right step in the right direction and part of the State Government’s strive to deliver dividends of democracy and topnotch governance to the citizens of the State of Harmony.
The SSG urged them to ensure smooth running of their Institution, Agencies and Parastatals and not to constitute threat or hindrances to the day-to-day administration of the Boards and Agencies.
Those inaugurated were for colleges of higher learning across Kwara, the Kwara State Library Board, Kwara State Road Maintenance Agency, Kwara State Signage Agency, Kwara State Environmental Protection Agency, Kwara State Council for Arts and Culture, Kwara State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency, among others.
See full speech below:
SPEECH DELIVERED BY THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF KWARA STATE PROF. MAMMAN SABA JIBRIL ON THE OCCASION OF INAUGURATION OF BOARDS AND GOVERNING COUNCILS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN THE STATE ON 23RD FEBRUARY, 2021 AT GOVERNOR’S OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM ILORIN.
I am highly delighted to welcome you all to this epoch-making occasion of the inauguration of Councils and Boards of Agencies and Parastatals in the State. On behalf of the Executive Governor of Kwara State Mal. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, I wish to congratulate and felicitate with all the appointed Council and Board members to the exalted positions to serve the State in these capacities.
2. It is worthy to note that your appointments are based on Public trust and you are ably expected to bring forth your endearing intelligence, cool humility, accumulated wealth of experiences as well as your administrative acumen and proficiency in your various fields to propel the incumbent administration in the State to enviable height.
3. I wish to state in unequivocal terms that your appointment is a right step in the right direction in order for State Government to deliver dividends of democracy and topnotch governance to the citizens of the State of Harmony. On this note, you are all Ears, Eyes, Nose and Mouths of His Excellency in your respective Councils and Boards. Your assignment is to ensure smooth running of your Institution, Agencies and Parastatals and not to constitute threat, problems or hindrances to the day-to-day administration of your Boards and Agencies.
4. Similarly, I wish to seek for your unalloyed cooperation and sincerity of purpose for this assignment so that the wishes, expectations and aspirations of the Executive Governor will become reality. As Board members, you must at all time ensure best practices and standards on all issues relating to your assigned Council or Agencies.
5. It is essential to place it on record that the Office of the Secretary to the Government of Kwara State and the Superintending Ministry to your Agencies and Parastatals have the statutory responsibilities of supervising your Agency/Parastatal and you must uphold the cordial relationship between the duo because Agencies are integral and inextricable parts of their parent Ministries and any obstacle that will undermine the relationship must be resisted and desisted.
6. At this junction, on behalf of the Executive Governor of Kwara State, Mal. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq I have the honour and privilege to inaugurate the following Boards/Governing Councils.
i. Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies,
ii. Kwara State College of Nursing, Oke-Ode,
iii. Kwara State College of Education Technical, Lafiagi,
iv. Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin,
v. Kwara State College of Nursing and Midwifery, Ilorin,
vi. Kwara State College of Health Technology, Offa,
vii. Kwara State Library Board,
viii. Kwara State Road Maintenance Agency
ix. Kwara State Signage Agency,
x. Kwara State Environmental Protection Agency,
xi. Kwara State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency,
xii. Kwara State Rural Electrification Board,
xiii. Kwara State Council for Arts and Culture and
xiv. Kwara State International Aviation College, Ilorin.
I pray that you will justify the confidence reposed in you by the State Government. I wish you all a successful tenure.
Thanks and God bless you