Embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, is set to file a lawsuit before the Supreme court after three High Courts in Abuja had admitted him to bail in the criminal charges filed against him by the government.
He is challenging his continued detention by the Department of State Security DSS despite meeting his bail conditions.
Mr. Dasuki had on Wednesday at the Court of Appeal in Abuja lost his bid to enforce his freedom. His lawyer, Ahmed Raji, confirmed that appeal papers had been put together to be filed at the Supreme Court to challenge the judgment of the Court of Appeal, and those from the high courts that ordered his re-arrest.
Mr. Raji said there were sufficient grounds for his client to approach the Supreme Court to seek the enforcement of his freedom.
Mr. Dasuki said he was not afraid of trial on charges against him, but said the proper thing must be done by government by respecting the bail granted him lawfully but courts.
He said that since government had approached court on his matter, the same government must be fully ready to abide by court decisions in the interest of justice and the rule of law.
Dasuki is being tried for unlawful possession of arms, money laundering and alleged involvement in the $2.1 billion arms deal scandal.